Top 5 Tips for Planning Toddler Birthday Parties
By the time your child turns 3-years-old, he will already be in the business of thinking about his birthday party and letting you know what theme he would like for his special day. When planning toddler birthday parties, keep these 5 tips in mind to make it the best party for your child, his guests, and you too.
1. Listen to your child. By the age of three, children have a sense of what their birthday is, characters that they love, and an idea about how they would like to celebrate. Make them a part of the decision-making process as to theme if they express interest and ideas to you.
2. 90 minutes is plenty – even 60 minutes will do. Toddlers have a short attention span so keep this in mind when planning a party and keep the time allotment appropriate for the age.
3. Simple games often work best. Themes help pull together decor, menu, and party favors, but if you are unsure what to do for the party activities, often classic, simple games work best and are easiest for you to plan too.
4. Expect the parents to stay, but don’t expect help from them, unless you line it up with them beforehand.
5. The golden rule of inviting the number of children your child is turning plus one more really will keep the party within budget and easy to manage. Often it is difficult to invite such a small number of guests, but it works very well for managing toddler birthday parties.
Keep these tips in mind when planning your toddler birthday parties for and enjoyable time for all.
By Lisa Kothari, Peppers and Pollywogs
To find local businesses offering birthday discounts & freebies visit: Free Birthday Treats.