Top Tips for a Beach Party by Guest Poster Lisa Kothari
It’s summer and that means plenty of people will be vacationing at the beach this summer. It’s a perfect time to plan a birthday party on the beach or throw together an impromptu beach party with your friends that adults and their kids can both enjoy together. To keep the kids happy and occupied during your beach party, keep the following tips in mind.
1. Have plenty of sun tan lotion and visors on hand to keep sunburns from happening. Make sure to slather it on throughout the party.
2. Organize a series of sand contests and activities. These include: sandcastle building, burying parents in the sand, sand relay races, etc.
3. When the children are in the ocean, even if only wading, make sure there is an adult supervising the kids closely.
4. Create a Beach Scavenger Hunt. Provide the children with a list of natural items to find on the beach and give them a set amount of time for the kids to find the items. Make sure adults are designated to hunt with each team for supervision.
5. Pack beach picnic lunches in sand pails including sandwiches cut into castle shapes, mini carrot packages, granola bars, gold fish crackers, and juice boxes to make serving easy and thematic.
It doesn’t take much to organize beach games, snacks, and fun while at the beach. The main tip is to have plenty of supervision on hand.
~ Lisa Kothari is the creator of Peppers and Pollywogs, a Party Expert and author of Dear Peppers and Pollywogs – What Parents Want To Know About Planning Their Kids’ Parties.
To find local businesses offering birthday freebies and birthday discounts visit: Free Birthday Treats.